by Emma Clark
Are New Year’s resolutions still a thing? Some seem to still love them (guilty), while others are starting to shift to setting smaller, more attainable goals on a monthly basis instead. Whether you’re setting goals on a yearly or monthly basis, it’s important to ensure you aren’t overdoing it. Setting too many, over-the-top goals for yourself can leave you feeling worse if you don’t attain them. Here are some easy lifestyle changes to consider, anytime of the year:
- Hydrate – yes, maybe this tip is overdone. But you see it all the time for a reason! Staying hydrated is one of the best ways to keep your skin clear & plump. Try warm lemon water with apple cider vinegar first thing in the morning to jumpstart your metabolism.
- No screens before bed – the blue light emitted by screens is no bueno when you’re trying to get a good night’s sleep. And who really feels good waking up and scrolling their Instagram or checking emails first thing in the morning? Instead, invest in an alarm clock, and charge your phone in another room overnight. You’ll sleep better, and you’ll start your morning off in a more peaceful way.
- Walk more – this one is a double whammy. Getting more steps in on a daily basis is an easy way to burn more calories during the day. And, if you walk places instead of caving and ordering an Uber, you’re saving money!
- More veggies – try challenging yourself to fill half of your plate with veggies at lunch and dinner. It’ll help fill you up without adding on a bunch of calories. Not to mention, you’ll be getting more vitamins and glowing from the inside out!
- Swap out coffee for a wellness latte – instead of going for that post-lunch latte, try subbing a wellness latte in instead. Matcha lattes are great because they still have a bit of caffeine, but also have a ton of health benefits. If you’re fine with cutting the caffeine altogether, turmeric latte’s are a super immune boosting and anti-inflammatory option.