by Emma Clark
So, looks like pretty much everyone will be staying home for the next little while. Some are experts at working remotely, and others are totally new to it. One thing that I’m certain about during these times, is the importance of practicing self-care. And an upside is – we have more time to do so! Replace the time you’d usually spend commuting with some self-care, and thank me later.
I love routine, and I’ve noticed that I’m not at my best if I’m not prioritizing the things that keep me well. With that being said, here’s what I’m doing to set-up my morning and keep myself in a good headspace:
- Move! I’ve been starting my day with some simple stretching and yoga. A morning walk is also a lovely option. Movement of any kind makes all the difference!
- Shower, get dressed, make your bed. It’s easy to want to stay in your PJ’s all day, but getting dressed (it can still be comfy!) helps keep some normalcy in the day. Making your bed and keeping your space tidy is surprisingly impactful and helps the day start off on the right foot.
- Write down 3 things you’re grateful for.
- Meditate. For as long as you’d like! And think about the things you wrote down that you’re grateful for.
- Hydrate. In the morning I always have warm water with lemon, apple cider vinegar, a pinch of himalayan pink salt, and L-glutamine powder. I also have a coffee and I’ve been adding collagen, inulin powder, mushroom blend, and oat milk to it.
There’s a ton more that could be added to this list, but hopefully it serves as a reminder that self-care can be simple while still being impactful. This whole routine can take less than 30 minutes, and gives you some time for yourself before jumping into work. Stay well and take care of yourselves!